- She Moved Through the Fair - Featuring Andrea Corr
- Down by the Salley Gardens - Featuring Moya Brennan
- Oh Danny Boy - Featuring Rebecca Watson
- Black is the Colour - Featuring Joanna Eden
- The Last Rose of Summer - Featuring Lumiere
- Rare Ould Times - Featuring Damien Dempsey
- Heart of My Homeland - Featuring Joanna Eden
- Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond - Featuring Ben Thapa
- Mountains of Mourne - Instrumental
- Flower of Scotland - Featuring Rebecca Watson
- My Ain Folk - Featuring Ben Thapa
- Water is Wide - Featuring Joanna Eden
- Foggy Dew - Instrumental
- Hills of the Dawn - Featuring Joanna Eden
- Auld Lang Syne - Featuring Rebecca Watson
Celtic Skies / St Patrick's Day / Andrea Corr, Damien Dempsey...
Celtic Skies is a collection of popular Irish and Scottish traditional songs recorded in a new, contemporary style. The album features various established Celtic artists such as Andrea Corr , Damien Dempsey and Moya Brennan , together with young up and coming artists who all bring their unique interpretation to these much loved classics. The production team behind the album, Jake Jacas and John Reynolds have worked with artists such as Sade and Ali Campbell through to Andrea Corr and Sinead O’Connor.
The album’s appeal spans all age groups and from the timeless beauty of songs such as ‘Black is the Colour’ – through to a passion fuelled rendition of ‘Flower of Scotland’– this album offers a stunning and modern interpretation of these iconic traditional songs.
About some of the artists:
When Bono stated recently, "I think she has one of the greatest voices the human ear has ever experienced", he was heralding what many people know already about The Voice of Clannad, Moya Brennan
Lumiere – Legendary Irish Record Producer John Reynolds said, “Pauline and Éilís have a rare and unique singing style I had never heard before. From the moment I heard their voices I knew we had to make an album. Discovering these songs through their voices lifted them into a place of real soulful tradition, ethereal but at same time modern.A pure joy.”
Damien Dempsey (The Irish Lion) - Roddy Doyle wrote that “the Irish are the blacks of Europe and Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland and the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin”. Born in Donaghmede on Dublin’s Northside in 1975, Damien Dempsey is the voice of that underclass and the quintessential Irish singer songwriter.
PD: Gracias a Nyoman, usuario de The Corrs Club, por la notícia.