Saltar al contenido

Echo Arena, Liverpool | Reino Unido (22-01-2016)

40 Respuesta(s) a este Tema

#1 SpiritofIreland

SpiritofIreland

Head in the air

• Administrador
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3530 Mensajes

Publicado 17 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

#2 losangelesceltas

losangelesceltas

Would You Be Happier?

• Corrleone
  • PipPipPip
  • 1309 Mensajes
  • Lugar:Asturias

Publicado 05 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

Video para Liverpool!

https://instagram.co...=only_thecorrs_

#3 marbellero

marbellero

The Minstrel Boy

• Novato
  • Pip
  • 11 Mensajes
  • Lugar:Benalmadena

Publicado 20 December 2015 - 11:33 PM

¿Alguien va a este concierto? Yo estoy mirando para hacerme una escapada. Saludos.

#4 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes
  • Lugar:Madrid

Publicado 22 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Entrada, IDwIL y comienzo de GMaR:

https://twitter.com/djkevjames

https://t.co/iZjH0Lourd​

#5 losangelesceltas

losangelesceltas

Would You Be Happier?

• Corrleone
  • PipPipPip
  • 1309 Mensajes

Publicado 22 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

Pero cmo coño la gente puede estar tan tranquila? ? ? yo estaria saltando, cantando y dandolo todo!!!!

#6 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes

Publicado 22 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

Pero cmo coño la gente puede estar tan tranquila? ? ? yo estaria saltando, cantando y dandolo todo!!!!

Tranquilo, espérate a Runaway, a ver si acierto a subirlo.

#7 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes

Publicado 22 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

bel_luna_ireland Echo Arena Liverpool Runaway the corrs Liverpool live

https://www.instagra...G96Z7jyhTpK4U0/

#8 Serena

Serena

Old Town

• Gran Corrleone
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4931 Mensajes
  • Lugar:A Coruña

Publicado 22 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

IDWIL mola en directo!!! :D

Come

Surf the clouds, race the dark
It feeds from the runs undone
Meet me where the cliff greets the sea

#9 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 12:30 AM

Rapidísima primera crítica, en liverpoolecho.co.uk

Jade Wright gives her verdict on the 90's Irish band

David Munn JS80956922-1.jpg

The Corrs performing on 22nd January 2016 at The Liverpool Echo Arena.

It could so easily have been a walk down memory lane - a chance to remeniss among friends and to imagine it was 1998 again.

But the family foursome made their intent clear from the start, kicking off with new song I do What I like, the lead song from 2015 album White Light, after which the tour was named.

It’s been 10 years since we last saw the Dundalk-born quartet – Andrea, 41, Sharon, 45, Caroline, 42, and 50-year-old Jim - not that you’d guess it from their energy on stage.

The crowd - a good two thirds full - greeted the band with enthusiasm, like seeing an old friend.

David Munn JS80957037.jpg

With a blast of black and white film on the screens at either side, they appeared behind the curtain, silhouetted against its fabric, powering into their old song.

The crowd were appreciative, but reserved their loudest cheers - and their voices, as they sang along - for the oldies.

The audience almost drowned out the voices onstage as they sang Runaway, echoing every lilt and timbre of the original.

The mobile phones were out glowing in the dark for What Can I Do, and they sang and danced to Fleetwood Mac cover Dreams.

Ending the main set with So Young they left the audience calling out for more, returning for a first encore of new and old - White Light and fan favourite Breathless, before signing off with the beautifully traditional Toss the Feathers.

David Munn JS80956950.jpg

The musicianship was superb throughout, and the soaring vocals sounded as languid and feather-light as ever.

If a week is a long time in politics then 10 years is like an ice age in music. But rather than being away for a decade, it sounds more as though The Corrs have been vacuum packed or deeply frozen, having not changed at all while the world has altered around them.

But that’s one of the beauties of family bands - they know each others’ every move before they even make it, every harmony is predicted before the melody even requires it.

Something tells me it wont be 10 years before we see them again. And rightly so.

4 Estrellas, por cierto.

#10 connor

connor

No Frontiers

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 708 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 10:47 AM

Me alegra muchisisisisisisimo que tengan tan buenas criticas! Se lo merecen, la verdad! :D

#11 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

The Corrs, Gig Review. Echo Arena, Liverpool.

Liverpool Sound and Vision Rating * * * *

The closeness of the band often betrays just how well they are likely to be received on stage; the audience after all are no fools and their evening, their enjoyment stems from the harmony on stage or the desire that emanates from it and for that, and despite time away from the glare of a Liverpool crowd, The Corrs proved that they had lost none of their intrigue, polish or intimacy and that they could still hold a room, even a vast one, spellbound and breathless.

For The Corrs, the evening was one of pitch perfect sound, of reliving once again the beauty in the Irish tones and the sentimental confidence they offer with overpowering majesty. For the couple of thousand people who made their way to the Echo Arena on a Friday night, it was the memories of ballads conquered in the past and the friendship residing in a wonderful new tune that was to be expected and supplied with absolute grace, especially from the gentleness provided in the quartet’s familiarity with each other’s own dedication to the song.

Whilst like The Corrs support act The Shires they may have benefitted from the close proximity that The Philharmonic Hall can offer a group, the natural enclosed reverberation of music gently swooning at the audience’s hearts, the Echo Arena served its purpose in delivering a night of beautiful passion to the upbeat crowd and in songs such as I Do What I Like, Give Me A Reason, Runaway, the evocative Ellis Island, Buachaill On Eirne, Love To Love You, Queen of Hollywood and the pulsating cover of Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams, the music was captivating, serenading and charming, all that was needed to take the chill of a cold January night; the warm blanket of security nestling against an Irish heart.

Off the radar they may have been, away from the public stare and arguably living a life of serenity away from the crowd of the stage but The Corrs still offer their fans a respite from the fires of modern living in their appealing and engaging music, the friendly scenic journey through lyrics that are cool and bountiful never once leaving their side. A hearty welcome return to Liverpool, one in which they delivered all they had to give.

Ian D. Hall

#12 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

The Corrs - Liverpool 22.1.2016(1)

White Light y Breathless

#13 FIngolfin75

FIngolfin75

Summer Sunshine

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 596 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

The Corrs - Liverpool 22.1.2016(1)

Runaway completa:

#14 Serena

Serena

Old Town

• Gran Corrleone
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4931 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 01:34 PM

Me encanta White Light en directo! Suena genial! :D

Come

#15 losangelesceltas

losangelesceltas

Would You Be Happier?

• Corrleone
  • PipPipPip
  • 1309 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

Bueno es que si ya no cantan un himno como Runaway es para matarles!

¿Es cosa mia o White Light se les queda pelin coja en directo? no se,en el album tiene una fuerza que no veo en ese directo, no es que no me guste, es que la veo diferente, y seria toda una novedad que una canción les cojease en directo, siempre sus versiones en vivo han sido mejores que las de estudio...

Por cierto en instagram hay un video de Ellis Island y cuando mencionan a Liverpool la gente empieza a gritar como una loca xD

#16 jwind

jwind

Summer Wine

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1918 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

siempre sus versiones en vivo han sido mejores que las de estudio...

200px-0,390,27,222-Oprah-you-mad.gif

No siempre eh! Sobre todo en lo que a voz se refiere.  :jiji: No tiene precisamente el Compact Disc en la garganta...

Ahora bien, instrumentalmente sí cobraron riqueza con Jason Duffy o Kieran Kiely la verdad. Una pena que ya no estén aunque hay que reconocer el mérito de Caroline a día de hoy. :) Ha evolucionado algo la mujer.  :titotitoti: Y se agradece.

Yo la escucho bien White light. :) Mola.

#17 losangelesceltas

losangelesceltas

Would You Be Happier?

• Corrleone
  • PipPipPip
  • 1309 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

Hay la hostia de videos de Liverpoool, os dejo con "Love to Love you" casi íntegra

https://www.youtube....h?v=fw56gRBiy1Y

#18 Serena

Serena

Old Town

• Gran Corrleone
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4931 Mensajes

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

Que bonita Love To Love You! :)

Y.....

Come

#19 Corina

Corina

One night

• Corrleone
  • Pip
  • 213 Mensajes
  • Lugar:Salamanca

Publicado 23 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Gracias por todos los vídeos y críticas!!!! "Love to love you" me sigue pareciendo mejor con Caroline a la batería en lugar de a esa especie de reloj de arena...

[size="4"]La paciencia es un árbol de raíz amarga, pero de frutos muy dulces ]

#20 makeyoumine

makeyoumine

No Frontiers

• Corrleone
  • PipPip
  • 714 Mensajes
  • Lugar:Zaragoza/Pamplona

Publicado 24 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

Me han encantado WL y KOL, hasta Love to love you q siempre me ha parecido un horror me ha gustado en acústico!!

If we met tomorrow for the very first time/Would it start all over again?/Would I try to make you mine?

Responder

0 usuario(s) están leyendo este tema

0 miembro(s), 0 invitado(s), 0 usuario(s) anónimo(s)